Our Mission

Grimm and Leslie started this blog because they're not accountable enough for their diet and exercise regimen on their own to document their journey and develop a community of support where the fear of your judgment can keep them in line to reach their fitness goals.

If you're up for the trip, there's room for more.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just One More...

Over the last few days I have noticed a disturbing trend with the food servings I have been eating. I can trace it down to one glaring issue - number of servings or serving size. In each of the last four days this has been a major contributor to me going over my calorie window.

Saturday - The increase to 12 Honey Maid graham crackers from eight. Those four crackers equal one serving which equals 120 calories. I also could have saved 295 calories if I would have cut out one of the Amaretto sours.

Sunday - Small fries would have saved me 230 calories right off the bat, but again - I blame the sours for clouding my judgement. And again I went with 12 Honey Maid graham crackers and an additional 120 calories.

Monday - I wasn't as bad here. I still did the extra 4 Honey Maids again dammit (why are they so good in milk?), but also added an extra slice of my mother-in-laws homemade white bread, which was an extra 100 calories. But in her defense, that was some GOOD bread.

Today - I can point to a few things here. While I did cut down on my Honey Maid intake, I had an extra 1/2 cup of Macaroni & Cheese (160 calories) and an extra pancake (140 calories) - each of which I could have easily have passed on.

The moral of the story? Well in my case at least, if I could have cut back on just a few of the "extra" servings over the course of the week, I could have easily made my calorie window in most cases and kept my confidence at a high level. So before you go to grab that fourth pancake or order those large fries, think about it for at least 3 seconds and realize that a minor portion adjustment can be a huge calorie difference.

Workout
Unless you call working on the van (without much success) a workout - there was none. Tomorrow will be elliptical day because there is no damn way I am running four miles in 20 degree weather. I still have more work to do on the van tomorrow, but that is another day.

Diet
Time
Description
Calories
1:00am
Del Monte sliced peaches
100
3:00am
1 cup Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
80
4:30am
1 Apple
110
9:30am
86 Goldfish pretzels
260
2 Honey Maid graham crackers
60
2:00pm
1 slice of homemade white bread
100
3:15pm
1 1/2 cups Macaroni & Cheese w/ peas
480
4:00pm
8 Honey Maid graham crackers
240
1 cup 2% milk
130
7:30pm
4 pancakes
560
2 potato pancakes
180
7oz. Pepsi Throwback
87.5
ALL DAY
10 pieces of Orbit sugar-free gum
40
4 cups coffee (black)
28
TOTAL CALORIES
2455.5

No comments:

About This Blog

Blog Statistics

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP